Thursday, September 25, 2008

continuing chronicles of Kenai The Dog

Ahh. As I sit typing with my zucchini bread and morning coffee, I think back to last night and recently, and all the things this dog we own has done. Kenai wears a choker chain collar with a metal tag on it. Kenai only stops moving when he passes out from exhaustion. The jangling never stops. All day. You know when he's coming because of the noise.

1. Well, last week Kenai was jangling around the house at about 5:10 am and I was not ready to get up. So I did get up and put him outside. "Ha!" I thought. That will fix this. Blissful sleep until I was ready to get up:) I went to work. Andy texted me and said he's on his way down to the Great Wall Restaurant to pick up Kenai who had gone for a run this morning with the Army guys as they passed our house. Huh. Well, Kenai came back fine.

2. I think I already wrote about his eating the Nintendo DS Guitar Hero edition, the remotes, and aluminum foil. The puking has been often here at the Kratzer house.

3. Kenai has learned how to lift his leg! And he peed on the living room wall right in front of me.

4. Early this morning someone or something was passing by our house. Kenai leapt to the defense, barking and snarling, and hurled himself at our open window. Ripped the dang thingtop to bottom.

5. He hates the garbage truck. As I type this, He's growling and running his laps all ramped up around the house, the clang of candle holders or something in the window sill a sure sign that, yup, that is another place i can't put things after all...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

So I had no idea you had a blog! I am so glad, cuz now I can keep up with your crazee life :) I am so looking forward to your wedding on Saturday! Leavin' at 4 in the morning - woo hoo! We won't be bringing Abi...it's just too long of a drive. Your dog is psycho. I think I would have given him the boot already! Man alive! But they are like children aren't they? No matter what they do wrong, you always end up loving them in the end :)

Brenda said...

Hellooooooooooooooooooo???