Thursday, July 10, 2008

Underpants, underwear, panties, underbritches...

So have things ever gotten away from you? You know, like the weeds in the garden, the dishes in the sink, the clean dishes in the dishwasher...the dusting, the laundry, etc? I am going to go ahead and assume yes. Well, the other day I was trying to find a pair of underpants to wear under a pair of shorts that didn't have back pockets, hence, the underwear needed to have no VPL (visible panty lines for those who don't watch What Not To Wear). So I ran the gamut in style and material in my panty repretoire. And then it hit me like a load of bricks. In my efforts to become fiscally responsible (read: not buying clothes) I had worn the same pairs of underpants for going on 2 years. They had all become that same pinkish-greyish-bluish color. Microfiber was pilling. Cotton was now sheer. And seeing as I have an obsession with clean underpants, my entire collection was washed at LEAST once a week, which didn't help color retention. "WHAT IS THIS?! Have I turned into one of those women who just can't throw out underwear, no matter what they look like, because i can wear them...I don't even know....when I'm staining the house?! Oh no! This will NOT be me!" So I went to Kohl's. They had a sale on Discontinued underpant styles. (I find this completely ridiculous. That one would discontinue an underwear style.) Anyway, each pair was 2.99. They were nice. I feel pretty in them. I have regained some feminity. And a few more pairs of my '05-06 collection have been retired....

No comments: