Monday, January 30, 2012

running buddy & PPD no more!


I think I've kicked it! for real! 

I think i'm done with postpartum depression. I feel better, my mood swings are no longer in the bipolar category & cycling every 30 minutes, i find joy in things again & I have energy. I can not express how much relief i feel. my husband agrees, for sure. Gosh, there were points where i felt like "what if i never get better? what if this is the new normal?" that really stunk. I can't even write how relieved i am, but if anyone needs to talk about PPD and what worked for me, needs some camaraderie, or whatever, send them my way. (I feel like it's a really taboo topic & you'll get no judgment here. )

Winter has come, a bit anyway, with some snows lately. However, it's supposed to be in the 30's this week so that will melt most of it. right now it's dripping off the roof.  But my pal Tonya & I got in 2 awesome runs this weekend, one each on Saturday & Sunday. Saturday's was about 4.5 miles, and Sunday's was close to 4. I felt so good & tired when i went to bed last night! And today I'm sore. So wonderfully sore. It's been an awfully long time since I've felt sore that didn't involve a c section or body aches from depression. Woohoo! 
just some of the important gear  for winter running.  amazing how much i pile on.
that's gotta add about 5 pounds to my run!

I am hoping to get out today & this week too. The double stroller from the family at my church isn't exactly what I was looking for, but the front wheel does lock so we'll give it a whirl. It might not be ideal for snow (I think a big front wheel would work better-?) but i'm game:)

No comments: