Thursday, August 14, 2008

I was RUNNINGuh!


I loved that line from Forest Gump. When he said everywhere he went he was running-guh. So I am registered for the Tecumseh Trail Marathon on December 6th. I am really excited. It will be my 4th marathon (26.2 miles), and my first trail marathon. A little nervous, yes, but pumped nonetheless. I am using a new training plan and want to break 4:30 so badly!! It also serves as motivation to keep my butt running and eating healthy. Not that I PREFER broccoli and whole grain rice to, say, chocolate ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream, or any number of desserts or sweets. But it becomes apparent very quickly to anyone who has tried to distance train that if you gorge yourself on sweets, you BONK far sooner during your runs the next day. I have to eat healthy in order to keep running during runs. Which would be the point... I am feeling reflective and relatively insightful now, but will need a little time before I can put my thoughts into words and write about running. Which I will. Because it is far more than a "healthy lifestyle" thing to me.

I am also back to West Goshen ELementary for Boys & Girls Club. It is nice to be back with my kiddos! They are so incredibly well behaved in comparison to the kids from Main club. I don't know why. I don't even know if its true! There are fewer and I know them better. I am still hiring for 2 positions (if anyone knows someone who would like a job send em my way).

It's my sister ALair's 3rd birthday this weekend. I would rather be there than here, but I have 2 weddings to go to in the near future. blech. Well, free food. (and cake:) )

No comments: