Monday, November 1, 2010

fall & marriage

well, we're pretty well moved in to my parent's basement. we've painted some and are attempting to make the "old basement" (ca. 1930-ish fieldstone) liveable...LOTS of de-cobwebbing & spider killing. ( I hate spiders. they give me the willies. but not as much as the webs do....) it's slow & go, but getting homier each day:)

one day last week, i definitely did NOT pray or even think about God until i found myself cornered by my feelings, emotions, & circumstances. so i got my head on straight & began praying. my mother-in-law, marty, has breast cancer. my husband is not taking it well, as is to be expected, being this far away. so we talked to marty during the week. she had surgery on Monday, thought all was good, but the cancer was in lymph nodes that they missed or something and now has to have surgery today. then chemo & radiation. andy had that plus a difficult week at work with a steep learning curve. all this to say that our marriage was taking a backseat to life and that was a HUGE mistake. I was a mess. Andy was a mess. After 3 long heart-to-hearts and some quality time at Wal-mart on Friday night ( :-) ) we were doing much better. so i'm going into this week more prepared and in better spirits.

halloween was fun! we carved pumpkins, decorated cookies (arranged by me...i love doing that stuff!) and went trick or treating with my sister & her girls. It was a really good time. we finished the night with grilled cheese sandwiches & ice cream.

i need to get my tukhus out & run today. feeling a little sluggish what with all of the weekend and all;) hopefully i can get that to happen....not dressed yet, but my teeth are brushed so there's hope.

1 comment:

Emz said...

YAY for you![and your clean teeth!]

Happy your halloween was great!