Thursday, July 26, 2012

Get Ready, Get Set,



Go!

 
On Sunday, my pal and I will start training for the Mankato Half Marathon. I'm SUPER excited too! We're using the Hal Higdon Half Marathon Novice 2 program since she's never run one before and it's been a while for me;) It's going to take a little juggling with my new job as nanny taking up 45-ish hours a week, but I'd love to be able to get up before I leave for the day and get my run in. Regardless, it's going to feel great to commit to something and see it through to the end. I did that with the first marathon I trained for. I was really intentional to stay committed and accountable to the training program with a friend. I really need that accountability!
I also need a new t shirt....I'm debating getting this one:)


5 Hours For Orphans Brochure




On August 11 at 7am, 5 Hours 4 Orphans is again being run through our church and the Children's Opportunity Fund. Right now, we're going to run from Faribault to Waterville on the State Trail. Man oh Man I hope it's not ungodly hot! But it was so much fun last year, even though I was 7 1/2 mo. pregnant and it was raining. I worked an aid station. This year, I'm running it and hoping to raise even more money!

No comments: