Monday, July 12, 2010

Hummus day:)


it's hummus day at my house:) lately, once a week I've been making hummus to last me the remainder of the week. The best part about it is that I get to use my own green onions & parsley, and my own cucumbers & green beans to eat it! I seriously love summer vegetables.
<--vegetables & chick peas ready to go



<--Get blending!
and we have lunch.

Here's the recipe I've found that I like the best:

2-15 oz cans chick peas
1/2 c. tahini
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 t. grated lemon zest
2 cloves garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 t. cumin
1/4 c. packed flat leaf parsley
1/4 c. chopped green onions
Salt & pepper to taste

Blend it all up in a food processor. Add water VERY slowly if it's too thick. I use the zest & juice of 1 lemon, more cumin, & it tastes AWESOME with sun dried tomatoes:)




No comments: